Aga Khan Planning Building Services Job, Project Manager DRMI Job, Karachi
AKPBS, P works to improve the built environment, particularly housing design and construction, village planning, natural hazard mitigation, water and sanitation, and other living conditions. AKPBS, P achieves these goals through the provision of material and technical assistance and construction management services for rural and urban areas.
AKPBS, P invites applications for the position of Project Manager (DRMI) on contract basis, who will report to the National Programmes Director and based at Karachi.
• Develop work plan in close coordination with AKPBS, P and other AKDN agencies to facilitate and support for structural audit, non-structural hazard mitigation and emergency preparedness measures.
• Manage structural survey teams; coordinate with facility managers, laboratory testing teams and Disaster Risk Management Initiative (DRMI) team to conduct structural surveys within defined timeframe.
• S/he will facilitate the process; provide necessary technical and management oversight including development of resource planning to implementation & training and / or quality assurance of planned activities.
• Must have Master’s Degree with specialisation in Earthquake Engineering / Structural Engineering etc. with at least 10 years of work experience including 4-(> years of exposure to structural engineering.
• S/he should also have excellent communication & project management skills and proficient in computer skills (MS Office, STAD, Auto CAD, MS project etc.).
• Multi-task assignment while working under pressure to meet project deadlines.
Note: The salary package of incumbent will depend upon qualification and experience. Interested candidates .should send their CVs to the HR Department latest by December 21, 2014 hr.coCfJaltpbsp.org
Further details about the position can be viewed ut AKDN website- www.akdn.org/career