Agriculture Resume Sample cv
NM State Rt. 4
Telephone No: 505-6666-222
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seek the Respectable Position of an Agriculture Manager in a reputed company.
A Highly talented Agricultural professional with experience spanning more than nine years in farm, and ranch management practice. Proven ability to grow farms and ranch by over 30% annually. Expert in both animal and crop farming, and coordinated complex agricultural programs and services such as plant and pest services, and marketing services; and agricultural research operations in support of research, extension and teaching activities. Excellent negotiating skills with banks and other credit lenders to get the best financing deals for equipment, livestock and seed. Deep understanding and effective management of product price fluctuation; knowledge and application of computers for increased productivity; and great planning skills with extraordinary goal getting ability, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
B.S. Agricultural Science, University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi (2002)
Grew up on a family farm and participated in agricultural programs for young people, such as the National FFA Organization and the 4-H youth educational programs.
Assistant Agricultural Manager, White Lake Farm Inc.
2008 – Present
- Plan activities to minimize environmental degradation, monitor environmental effects of farming activities and repair existing damage through programs such as tree planting.
- Direct and manage the farm business capital; plans the strategic direction of the farm.
- Responsible for managing the financial aspects of the business by controlling income and expenses.
- Breed and raise livestock, such as beef cattle, dairy cattle, goats, horses, reindeer, sheep, and swine, for such purposes as sale of meat, riding or working stock, breeding, or for show; and for products, such as milk, wool, and hair.
- Clean and maintain buildings, sheds, pens, equipment and facilities to maintain health standards and high quality of produce.
- Select pasture, range, and croplands to graze animals and produce feed crops.
- Decide and advise on the kind of crops to be grown, the area to be sown or planted and the livestock to be raised.
- Plan the type of farming activities to be undertaken, estimate operating costs and order supplies such as seed, fertilizer, livestock fodder and farm equipment.
- Feed, water, graze, and distribute salt licks for animals.
- Observe animals to detect signs of illness and injury, treat minor injuries and ailments, disinfect and vaccinate animals, and engage Veterinarian (medical ser.) 073.101-010 to treat serious illnesses and injuries.
- Attend animals during and after birth of offspring. Castrate, dock, and dehorn animals.
- Observe and record produce quality or livestock body weight and condition, adjusting management or feeding programs when necessary.
- Milk cows and goats, shear sheep, and clip goats’ hair.
- Operate farm machinery to plant, cultivate, and harvest feed crops.
- Clean and fumigate barns, stalls, and pens, and sterilize milking machines and equipment.
- Plant, spray, fertilize, harvest and sell crops; recruit, coordinate and direct farm workers on crop growing and livestock raising..
- Maintain and repair farm machinery, equipment, buildings, pens, and fences.
- Arrange for sale of animals and products.
Agricultural Supervisor, Mountain Farms
- Planned and scheduled farming activities and performed farming activities such as planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting, applying herbicide, pesticide and fertilizer.
- Received work requests from project leaders who are performing research on designated plots of land or with research animals and discussed feasibility with Farm Managers.
- Monitored and performed the care, feeding and watering of animals.
- Observed animals to detect signs of illness or injury and treated minor injuries and illnesses; contacted veterinarian to treat serious illness or injury.
- Monitored the processing and processed animals which included weighing the animal, assigning ear tag number and attaching tag to ear, vaccinating, castrating and dehorning.
- Monitored the mixing and mixed experimental rations and fed supplements for animals, according to experimental requirements.
- Bred cowherd and selected herd sires for artificial insemination purposes and Attended animals during and after birth of offspring.
- Inspected and coordinated the repair and repaired farm equipment and machinery such as tractors and trucks.
- Maintained inventories and requisitions of such items as fertilizer, seed, pesticide and ingredients for animal feed.
- Planned and coordinated the repair of and constructed buildings, sheds and fences; coordinated the repair of minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry problems.
- Maintained records such as gas usage, work completed, crops planted, number of animals bred, sold and slaughtered, food consumption and animal production activities.
- Drove truck to transport supplies, equipment and animals needed for farm operation.
Farm Worker, Mountain Farms,
|LiveStock Department, Punjab
2002 – 2005
- Cared for animals by performing such tasks as feeding, mucking out, caring for sick animals, preparing cows for milking, and operating milking machinery.
- Ploughed fields, tended ,sowed and harvested crops spread fertilizer and also sprayed crops.
- Drove and maintained tractors and combine harvesters and other vehicles.
- Maintained farm buildings, laid and trimmed hedges, dug and maintained ditches, put up and mended fences
- Opened gates and drove livestock to scales, pens, trucks, railcars, and holding and slaughtering areas according to instructions, using electric prod and whip.
- Weighed animals and recorded weight.
- Segregate animals according to weight, age, color, and physical condition.
- Marked the livestock to identify grade and ownership, using tags, brands, paint, or tattoos.
- Scattered fresh bedding material, such as straw and sawdust, in railcars, pens and trucks.
- Vaccinated, drenched, applied liniment, isolated and marked animals to carry out disease control program.
Windows, PowerPoint, Word, WordPerfect Westlaw, Lotus Notes Lexis-Nexus, and Excel.
Related Posts via Categories