Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Level/Field of study:
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University.
Bill Gates Scholarship Details
- Host Organization: Gates Foundation
- University: Cambridge University
- Course Level: Masters, PhD, Short Cources
- Eligible Region: Open for All Countries
- Category: Scholarship
- Country: England
- Fields of Study: All Subjects
- Deadline: 6 January 2023 (For International). 12 Oct 2022 (For USA Citizens)
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Number of Awards:
About 80 scholarships are awarded each year.
Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, visa, etc. It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Following are the eligibility criteria for who can apply for Gates Scholarship!
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship candidates must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, experience and the potential to succeed on the chosen course).
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
Following are the main documents required ,
- online combined application form
- 500 words how to write a statement of purpose for Gates Cambridge Scholarship!
- Research proposal
- In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
- English Proficiency Test score
It is important to read the How to Apply section and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Applications for international students and students from USA will o0pen from 2, September 2022 and Last date to apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship is between 1 December to 5 January 2023 (For International) and 12 Oct 2022 (For USA Citizens)
How to Apply for Bill Gate Cambridge Scholarship?
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.gatescambridge.org/