Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is a high performance anti-malware application that thoroughly removes even the most advanced malware and spyware. With one of the fastest, most effective quick scans and malware removal capabilities on the market, this program is the perfect addition to your PC’s defenses.
The full version of the product includes a number of key features, including the ability to schedule updates and scans and most importantly, a real-time malware protection module that blocks malicious processes before they even start.
What’s new in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 Beta:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now scans the registry hives (HKCU keys) for all user accounts instead of just the current user account so that a single scan can now detect and remove all malware and malware traces from the entire system
- Chameleon now functions for running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware against infections
- Chameleon updated to deal with the latest rogue/fake AV infections
- Several application crashes fixed
- Several issues causing BSODs under certain scenarios fixed
- Scan and protection logs improved to use more consistent formatting
- Several items in the UI will now display in their translated language instead of showing only in English
- Scan results can now be saved at the end of a scan prior to taking any actions against detected items
- Threats quarantined by Malware Protection may now be restored without rebooting the system
- Quarantine tab now refreshes to display recently quarantined threats without restarting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Scan logs are no longer blank under certain scenarios
- HTML and BBC options removed from export log function
- Number for objects detected during scans is no longer misaligned
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium now functions correctly on XP with self-protection enabled
- Dashboard now informs user when they have a 1.x license key installed but no 2.x key and gives them the opportunity to input a valid 2.x key
- Several issues with removable drives and removable media fixed for Custom scans and right-click context menu scans
- avp.exe (Kaspersky) and avastsvc.exe (Avast!) can no longer be excluded from Web Exclusions in order to prevent users from inadvertantly disabling Malicious Website Protection
- Antirootkit scans no longer detect encrypted non-OS drives as containing forged sectors
The following are the known issues for the first MBAM 2.0 Beta:
- You should uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 first and reboot prior to installing the 2.0 beta if running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO or the free Trial. You do not need to run mbam-clean.exe.
- English is the only language available at this time. Additional languages will be available for release.
- The current beta build cannot function under limited user accounts and results in constant high CPU usage. A solution is currently in the works but for now it is recommended that you only run MBAM 2.0 beta under administrative user accounts.
- The current beta will not update through a proxy even if configured to do so via Update Settings
Download: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00.0.0503 Beta | 15.8 MB (Freeware)
View: Website | Source
Related Posts via Categories