Ultimate Windows Tweaker is a freeware Tweak UI Utility for tweaking and optimizing Windows 8 | 8.1, 32-bit & 64-bit. With judicious tweaking, it can make your system faster, more stable, personal and more secure with just a few mouse clicks. Ultimate Windows Tweaker for Windows 8 is just 340 KB in size and includes over 170 tweaks. Ultimate Windows Tweaker does not require an install. Place the downloaded UWT3 folder in your Program Folder and pin the shortuct of UWT3 exe file to your Start Menu. Simply run its .exe file. To uninstall it, simply delete the program folder.
While you may be able to access all these via the Windows 8.1 UI or the Group Policy or Registry Editor, Ultimate Windows Tweaker makes things easier for you by offering all useful tweaks from its single UI. Hover over any tweak and helpful tool tips will tell you what the tweak does. All the tweaks have been neatly categorized as follows:
- System Information – Get to see some basic information about your system like OS version, Build, System Type, Processor, Installed RAM, Computer name, User name and the Windows Experience Index or the WEI Score even in Windows 8.1!
- Customization – Under this category you will be able to tweak settings of your Taskbar, Thumbnails, File Explorer and the Modern or Metro UI.
- User Accounts – Change your User Account settings, Logon information and sign in options. You can also change the User Account Control settings here.
- Performance tweaks – Optimize Windows 8.1 to best suit your requirements. While most of these settings are best left at their default values, this panel gives you quick access to change them, should you wish to. Just make sure that you know, what you are doing, and don’ t tweak for the sake of tweaking.
- Security tweaks – Harden your Windows 8.1 by changing some settings. If you want to restrict access to some Control Panel applets or to some Windows feature, these tweaks will allow you to do so easily.
- Internet Explorer tweaks – Tweak your Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11 when you open this section. Tweak IE’s appearance and behavior.
- Additional system and Network tweaks.
- About tab – Here apart from the License Agreement, you will see some useful links. If you need to submit bugs, visit the About page and use the Submit Bugs link. If you need support, you can use the Support link or visit TWC Forum. Clicking on the Check for Update button will inform you if any updates are available. You can then visit the home page to download the latest version.
It is always recommended to create a system restore point before tweaking your system, and hence an easily accessible button for creating the same has been provided in the tweaker.