WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
What’s new in this version:
- Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression.
- Added extraction support for 7z split archives (.7z.001, .7z.002, …).
- Added support for AES-NI CPU instructions allowing to improve RAR encryption and decryption performance.
- Default theme images are scaled up with better quality in high DPI display mode.
- Environment variables, such as %temp%, can be used in “Files to add” field of archiving dialog.
- Switch -ai can be used when creating RAR archive, so predefined values, typical for file and folder, are stored instead of actual attributes. Previously this switch could be used only when extracting.
Download: WinRAR 5.10 Beta 1 32-bit | WinRAR 5.10 Beta 1 64-bit | ~1.8 MB (Shareware)
View: WinRAR Website | Release Notes
Related Posts via Categories