LibreCAD is a free Open Source personal CAD application for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. LibreCAD is a comprehensive, 2D CAD application that you can download and install for free. There is a large base of satisfied LibreCAD users worldwide, and it is available in more than 20 languages and for all major operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, Suse, …). You can download, install and distribute LibreCAD freely, with no fear of copyright infringement.
LibreCAD is a feature-packed and mature 2D-CAD application with some really great advantages:
- It’s free – no worry about license costs or annual fees.
- No language barriers – it’s available in a large number of languages, with more being added continually.
- GPLv2 public license – you can use it, customize it, hack it and copy it with free user support and developer support from our active worldwide community and ou experienced developer team.
- LibreCAD is an Open Source community-driven project: development is open to new talent and new ideas, and our software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community; you, too, can get involved and influence its future development.
What’s new in this version:
- reworked snap system to allow simultaneous multiple snapping options; snapping of equidistant middle points;
- Helping/scratch layer support. Straight lines are kept infinite and entities are skipped when in printout;
- isometric grids;
- architectural tick;
- support of new ellipse features missing in version 1.0, such as, intersection, middle point, arc length, and tangential direction;
- several new drawing features for line, circle, and ellipses;
- improved localization, translation for plugins and standard dialogs;
- general factor for dimensioning of scaled drawings;
- revert entities direction, developed by effad;
- some UI tweaking;
- Windows setup registration to add LC in Windows Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’.
Download: LibreCAD 2.0.1
| 26.9 MB (Open Source)
View: LibreCAD Homepage | Release Announcement
Update: LibreCAD 2.0.2