#RAREis Scholarship Fund Scholarship 2021
The EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases has established the #RAREis Scholarship Fund to help adults with rare diseases in a variety of educational pursuits, regardless of treatment status. Thanks to the support of Horizon Therapeutics plc, one-time awards of $5,000 each will be granted up to 35 recipients for the Fall 2021 semester.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. Awards for this scholarship are granted to eligible recipients without regard to creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to the #RAREis Scholarship Fund must be:
- U.S. residents who have been diagnosed* by a physician as having any form of rare disease regardless of treatment status. Applicants will be asked to provide a Diagnosis Verification Form provided by a physician verifying diagnosis.
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll full-time or part-time** in undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical/trade school for the Fall 2021 semester.
- 17 years old or older (no upper age limit, veterans and non-traditional students are encouraged.)
*Undiagnosed applicants may apply with completed Diagnosis Verification Form by a physician.
**There is no minimum amount of credit hours to be part-time (example, one class is considered part time).
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Up to (35) awards will be granted. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Awards are for accredited courses; including vocational-technical/trade school, undergraduate, graduate study and single classes verified under an accredited program.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of an essay*, leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, and academic performance.
*Essay topic: How will this scholarship help you become a rare disease leader? (2,000 characters maximum)
Financial need will be considered.
Applicants will be notified in June. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of THE EVERY LIFE FOUNDATION FOR RARE DISEASES. Payments are made payable to the institution in one instalment in August and sent directly to the individual.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- Your most recent transcript of grades (high school, GED, college, etc.) Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A Diagnosis Verification Form must be completed by a physician and uploaded to your application. No exceptions.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically. If you have any issues acquiring old transcripts, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.