if you are looking for a safe exam browser version 2.4.1 for Windows 10 64 bits for gcuf online examinations here is the direct link for it. In case you need instructions for online exam gcuf you can click on this link. Also, I have prepared a youtube video on how to install a safe exam browser easily and safely without wasting time.
Safe Exam Browser 2.4.1 Gcuf Download Compatibility
Windows 10 64 bit
SEB version and which operating system you are using (for example Windows 10 (please also indicate the subversion, for example, 1809), Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, macOS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6), iOS 13, 12, 11, 10, 9 and possibly other details about your system!
New in SEB 2.4.1:
- Fixed issue when the old browser window stayed open while reconfiguring with seb(s) link, together with the Firefox file open dialog. Should fix issues when using SEB-Moodle Deeper Integration.
- Implemented fix for VMware Windows Registry error: The Registry value for “Enable VMware Client Shade” will now only be set if the active configuration explicitly says so (see the new setting in SEB Config Tool / Registry / “Set VMware configuration”. Don’t enable this setting if you are not running SEB in a VMware Horizon View virtual desktop.
- Added Zoom to list of prohibited applications. If you want to use Zoom together with SEB, you have to set its “Active” property to false (Applications / Prohibited Processes).
- Added expansion of environment variables in the path of permitted processes. This allows configuring applications to run as a permitted process, which needs to be installed in subdirectories of the user directory, for example, %AppData%.
Safe Exam Browser settings
Require the use of Safe Exam Browser – Set whether students can only attempt the quiz using the Safe Exam Browser. The available options are:
- No: Safe Exam Browser is not required to attempt the quiz.
- Yes – Configure manually: No template for the configuration of Safe Exam Browser will be used. You can configure Safe Exam Browser manually.
- Yes – Use an existing template: A template for the configuration of Safe Exam Browser can be used. Templates are managed by the Moodle Administrator. Your manual settings overwrite the settings in the template.
- Yes – Upload my own config: You can upload your own Safe Exam Browser configuration file. All manual settings and the use of templates will be disabled.
- Yes – Use SEB client config: No configurations of Safe Exam Browser are on Moodle side. The quiz can be attempted with any configuration of Safe Exam Browser. You hand the Safe Exam Browser config file over to students by other means, as you did with Moodle ≤ 3.8.
Yes – Using an existing template is only shown when there really are templates to choose from. If no administrator or manager has uploaded any template and set at least one to Enabled, the option is not shown.
Safe Exam Browser config template – Choose a template for the configuration of Safe Exam Browser to apply. This setting is only shown if Require the use of Safe Exam Browser is set to Yes – Use an existing template and when there really are templates to choose from. If no administrator or manager has uploaded any template and set at least one to Enabled, the option is not shown.
Show Safe Exam Browser download button – Set whether a button for Safe Exam Browser download will be shown on the quiz start page. Can only be set if Require the use of Safe Exam Browser is set to Yes – Configure manually, Yes – Use an existing template, Yes – Upload my own config or Yes – Use SEB client config.
Show Exit Safe Exam Browser button, configured with this quit link – In the according field you can enter a link to quit Safe Exam Browser. It will be used on an “Exit Safe Exam Browser” button on the page that appears after the exam is submitted. Clicking the button or a link to the same URL placed wherever you want to put it, it is possible to quit Safe Exam Browser without having to enter a quit password. If the field is left empty, then the “Exit Safe Exam Browser” button does not appear and there is no link set to quit Safe Exam Browser. Can only be set if Require the use of Safe Exam Browser is set to Yes – Configure manually.
Ask the user to confirm quitting – If enabled, users have to confirm quitting of Safe Exam Browser when a quit link is detected. Note this setting does just affect quitting with the quit link and doesn’t affect quitting with the “Quit” button, Ctrl-Q, or the close button in the main browser window. Can only be set if Require the use of Safe Exam Browser is set to Yes – Configure manually.
How to configure safe exam browser gcuf online exam
Download the configuration file from the below link and after downloading double click on it to make sure you have already installed the safe exam Brower app.
Safe Exam Browser GCUF Configuration file download
GCUF Online Exam Private Affiliated Colleges under Semester System
How does the Safe Exam Browser work?
It provides a secure environment for exam-taking by disabling access to other applications and websites while allowing access to the exam website only. Students cannot open any other applications or websites until the exam is completed or exited.
Safe Exam Browser also disables access to keyboard shortcuts and function keys that could be used to access other applications.
Login and Environment
- The required version of Safe Browser (2.4.1) must be installed on the Laptop. If any other version of Safe Exam Browser is installed, please uninstall it and download, install version 2.4.1
- After Installing the Safe Exam Browser, Download the File and Double Click to Start the Exam
Updated 28-06-2021 Latest File
- Students must have a stable internet connection preferably with a UPS backup
- Webcam is mandatory. Without a camera, the examination will not start.
- Students must have a peaceful environment and No one should be around the students at the time of Examinations. If anyone else is found around the student, the examination of the student will not be considered valid and stand canceled.
- Students are required to Login at least 15 minutes before the start of Examinations.
Benefits of Safe Exam Browser
The use of Safe Exam Browser has several benefits for both exam administrators and students. Some of these benefits include:
Secure Exam-Taking Environment
SEB provides a secure exam-taking environment that prevents students from accessing unauthorized resources during an exam. This ensures that the exam results are fair and accurate.
How to Attempt MCQs:
- Each Paper / Exam is 60 minutes in duration having 50 MCQs. Students are required to attempt ‘50’ MCQs in 60 minutes.
SEB’s lockdown features prevent students from accessing unauthorized applications or websites during an exam. This helps to prevent cheating and ensures that students are evaluated based on their knowledge and skills.
1. Is Safe Exam Browser free?
Yes, Safe Exam Browser is free to download and use.
2. Can SEB be used for any type of exam?
SEB can be used for any type of exam that requires a secure exam-taking environment.
3. Does SEB work on all operating systems?
SEB is available for multiple operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
4. Can SEB be customized based on exam requirements?
Yes, SEB can be customized based on exam requirements.
5. Is SEB easy to use?
Yes, SEB is easy to use and can be customized based on the exam requirements.